Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BLOG ANYWAY.........LIFE WITH WORDS

Blogging is a labour of love,putting thoughts into words and seeing them spring to life from my keyboard to the screen is so exhilarating.


Sometimes,most times I suffer from mental block and even cups of Kenya's finest coffee do not have me bouncing off the walls with inspiration and feverish bending over my laptop;crazily typing away and breathing life into words.


But there are times I lie   in bed sleepless and cant wait to get up and see the blank white screen come to life with words.


As a blogger you can never tell,predict,imagine whether what you write will be understood or misconstrued but you blog anyway.


So far it has been amazing and I am loving every minute of it.


A peculiarity with my blog though is that i have seen more traffic from outside Kenyan than from within.
Maybe more people are curious about what is happening in our country than we are ..i do not know
But i write on


In another lifetime i will probably achieve my dream of teaching in a university about the beauty of words both spoken and written ,how much hope,fear,dreams and change they can bring if used well and how much destruction,hate,violence has been meted out on mankind using the same medium.


How I wish we were would be more careful with what we say,how we say it ,what we write and how  we write it...

No comments:

Post a Comment